Turmeric Medicinal Benefits
Name: Turmeric (Curcuma longa)
Turmeric just like ginger is mostly used as spice. It is mostly used in every kitchen; think of the curry powder you use to add taste and aroma to your meal.On this post, Natural Remedy lab looks at turmeric medicinal benefits and usage in Nigeria.
Description: Turmeric belongs to the same family as ginger. It is mostly used as coloring agent because of its distinctive color of yellow to orange.
Part Mostly Used:
Vitamin A, B6, C, K, Curcumin, Fiber, Copper, Zinc, Magnesium, Manganese, Iron, Potassium &Calcium
Antiseptic, Antibacterial, Detoxifies & Anti-inflammatory
Turmeric Medicinal Benefits:
- Turmeric & Cancer: turmeric medicinal benefits include its composition of cancer fighting properties. Turmeric contains antioxidants called beta-carotene & curcumin which helps in combating cancer.
- Turmeric & Hearth: turmeric is heart friendly; it is good for improved cardiovascular health. Cineole & curcumin found in turmeric protects the heart from disease.
- Turmeric & Ulcer: regular intake of turmeric powder helps in managing and treatment of ulcer. It contains beta-carotene and other vital nutrients that helps in treating ulcer.
- Turmeric & Asthma: asthmatic patients are advised to include turmeric in their diets in order to fully maximize the unique turmeric medicinal benefits. When taking regularly, the absorbic acid found in turmeric helps in treating asthma.
- Turmeric as Immune booster: adding turmeric in your daily diet will help in enhancing your immune system to fight and attack infections.
- Turmeric & HBP: you can add the powder to your food, tea, juice or other beverages. When you do this regularly, it will help you lower the unhealthy cholesterol and blood pressure in your system.
- Other turmeric medicinal benefits include:
*It helps in reversing stroke
*It acts like anti-inflammatory compound
*The antioxidants properties help in getting rid of free radicals from the body
*It helps in brain functions
*It aids treatment of arthritis
*It acts as an anti-aging agent
*It enhances liver functions
To fully enjoy turmeric medicinal benefits; here are the applications:
- The root can be ground to form powder.
- Powder can be used as spice for cooking or added to drinks.
- Those with low blood pressure should abstain from turmeric
- Turmeric shouldn’t be given to infants
- Turmeric should be used with moderation; except when used for treatment, you should limit your usage to not more than 3 times a week.
If you like this post Turmeric medicinal benefits: kindly share with the share button
Before You Leave, Kindly Sign Up / Subscribe To Our Free E-book Below: We Have Compiled The Holistic Health Tips To Keep You & Your Children Healthy For Life. Live Organic…Stay Healthy!!!