Moringa Medicinal Benefits
Name: Moringa (Moringa oleifera)
Many call it wonderful tree, tree of life, drumstick tree or horseradish tree. Whatever you call it, Moringa oleifera is a wonderful gift of nature to mankind. On this post, Natural Remedy Lab explores moringa medicinal benefits and usage in Nigeria.
Moringa is a super food rich in essential vitamins and minerals the human body needs for nutrition and medicinal purpose. According to reports, moringa is believed to have more vitamin C than orange, more vitamin A than carrot, more Calcium than Milk and more potassium than banana.
Part Mostly Used: Flower, Leaves, Seed & Stem
Vitamin A&C, Amino Acids, Calcium, Potassium, Proteins, Dietary Fiber, Folates, Niacin, Riboflavin, Thiamin, Selenium, Zinc & Pyridoxine.
Antioxidant, Immune booster, Anti-inflammatory, Anti-diabetic & Anticancer.
Moringa Medicinal Benefits
- Moringa as Immune Booster: moringa is rich in vitamin C and other nutritional components that help in boosting the immune system. It is believed to have more than 3x the vitamin C found in orange.
- Moringa & Heart: moringa is tagged the tree of life because of it is heart friendly. It helps in combating plague formation in the arteries and reduction of cholesterol and lipids for proper heart functioning.
- Moringa & Diabetes: eating raw moringa leaves or seed regularly is one of moringa medicinal benefits that are effective in reducing the blood sugar or glucose level in the body.
- Moringa & Bone Health: the calcium content in moringa makes it ideal supplement for proper bone development and maintenance.
- Moringa & Gonorrhea: it is another effective and confirmed moringa medicinal benefits; taking juice extract of moringa can help in treating gonorrhea. For better result, add with carrot juice and drink at least 3times a day.
- Moringa & Liver: the leaf of moringa contains polyphenols that helps protect the liver against oxidation, toxicity and damage.
- Moringa & Cancer: the antioxidant like flavonoids, polyphenol and ascorbic acids found in moringa helps in eradicating free radicals and cancer cells in the body.
- Moringa & Erectile Dysfunction: moringa reduces stress hormones, increases testosterone and blood flow for improved sexual performance.
- Moringa & Teeth: the magnesium content in moringa which is up to 19.1% protects the teeth, gum and enamel.
- Other moringa medicinal benefits can be obtained in treatment and prevention of the following:
General body weakness, Eye infection, STIs, Indigestion, Stress, Aging skin, Hair loss, Kidney infections, Depression, Headache, Insomnia, Wounds & Diarrhea
*Daily intake of moringa should be regulated
*Excessive intake may lead to stomach upset.
*If you are taking powder form; don’t take more than one tablespoon daily.
APPLICATION OF MORINGA OLEIFERA
For maximum moringa medicinal benefits, here are the essential application and usage method:
- The leaves and seeds can be eaten raw or used as vegetable for cooking.
- The leaves can be crushed to powder form
- The twigs can be used as chewing stick
If you like this post Moringa medicinal benefits: kindly share with the share button
The information on this post is meant for information purpose only. It is never an alternative to doctor’s advice. Seek your doctor’s consent before using any herb. Visit our DISCLAIMER PAGE for more.