Ginger medicinal Benefits
Name: Ginger (Zingiber officinale)
Ginger has been used as spice either fresh root or in powdered form for thousands of years. It is no longer strange that ginger forms an integral part of our diet today. On this post; Natural Remedy Lab explores ginger medicinal benefits and application in Nigeria.
Description: Ginger is a plant that originated from India. Its root is mostly used as spice. Ginger can be used as a whole fresh root, dried root, powdered form, crystallized ginger or pickled ginger. We shall discuss the best way you can use ginger to fortify our health by maximizing the nutritional and medicinal benefits of this amazing plant.
Part Mostly Used:
Energy, Carbohydrates, Sugar, Dietary fiber, Fat, Protein, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic acid, Folate, Vitamin B6,E, & C, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Potassium, Sodium, Zinc & Water.
Stimulant, Antioxidant, Anti-inflammatory, Antimicrobial & Antibiotics.
Ginger Medicinal Benefits
- Ginger & Nausea / Vomiting: taking just ginger tea helps in involuntary urge to vomit and other discomfort that may be caused by nausea.
- Ginger & Cancer: regular intake of ginger either as spice in food or tea form definitely helps in combating some cancers especially breast, lung, colorectal, ovarian & prostate cancer.
- Ginger & Stroke: combination of ginger with onion in your diets helps in prevention and treatment of stroke. Ginger is recommended for stroke patient to reverse the effect of stroke.
- Ginger as Immune Booster: one of the widely known ginger medicinal benefits is its ability to strengthen and rejuvenate the immune system. Ginger contains active components that helps boost the immune system when taken regularly. This helps the body to adequately fight against infections naturally.
- Ginger & Diabetes: when you take ginger regularly, it helps in regulating blood glucose level in your body. It basically acts like natural insulin released by the pancreas into the blood stream.
- Ginger & Fertility: ginger can help solve infertility and erectile dysfunction. For best result, try to eat it raw or make a tea from the root or add the raw powder in beverages.
- Ginger & Cardiovascular Health: one of the exceptional ginger medicinal benefits includes the way it replenishes the heart. Ginger contains antioxidants that helps remove free radicals from the body. It helps in cleansing the blood to enhance proper functioning of the heart. It helps control the unhealthy cholesterol level in the body.
- Ginger & Respiratory Diseases: ginger is useful in treating infections affecting the respiratory tract. It is capable of treating and curing flu, cold & sore throat.
- Other ginger medicinal benefits include treatment and prevention of the following:
It aids digestion, treatment of ulcer, diarrhea & liver disease, nausea, low appetite, inflammation, arthritis, headache, pain, stomach upset, morning sickness, indigestion, diarrhea, bacterial & fungal infections.
- Ginger shouldn’t be given to infants.
- Ginger should be taken with experts consent during pregnancy especially over 2 months.
If you like this post Ginger medicinal benefits: kindly share with the share button
The information on this post is meant for information purpose only. It is never an alternative to doctor’s advice. Seek your doctor’s consent before using any herb. Visit our DISCLAIMER PAGE for more.