Cinnamon Medicinal Benefits:
Thousands of years ago, cinnamon bark was more valuable than gold. It was used as royal gift for kings and ceremonial sacrifice to the gods. On this post, Natural Remedy Lab looks at cinnamon medicinal benefits and usage in Nigeria.
Cinnamon is spice usually light brown in color. The bark is used in powder form or usually rolled into sticks. It has been tested to be effective in treatment of certain infections due to its richness in both nutritional and medicinal properties that are beneficial to man.
Part Mostly Used:
Essential oil, Potassium, Calcium, Manganese, Iron, Zinc, Magnesium, Niacine, Pantothenic acid, Pyridoxine, Carotene, Intein, Zeaxanthin, Cryptoxanthin, Folates, Vitamin A, C, E & K.
Antioxidant, Anti-inflammatory, Anti-diabetic, Antimicrobial, Immune Booster, Antiviral & Anticancer.
Cinnamon Medicinal Benefits
- Cinnamon & Heart: the first known cinnamon medicinal benefits include its properties that are favorable to the heart. Cinnamon is rich in antioxidants, this makes it heart friendly. The antioxidants get rid of potential damaging oxidizing agents present in the body.
- Cinnamon & Stroke: cinnamon helps in detoxifying the body and removal of free radicals which may cause inadequate blood supply to the brain cells. It also has anticoagulant functions that help prevent blood clothing.
- Cinnamon & Diabetes: taking cinnamon regularly will assist you in lowering your blood sugar level. It enhances the pancreas to produce and effectively utilize insulin.
- Cinnamon & Weight loss: cinnamon helps in breaking down and balance the effect of excess fatty contents in our diet. Cinnamon medicinal benefits include its ideal weight management supplement. Regular usage will reduce the cholesterol level in the body.
- Cinnamon & Dental health: there is an essential oil found in cinnamon, this oil is called eugenol. It has anesthetic and antiseptic properties which can be used in treating dental and gum related infections.
- Cinnamon & Digestion: cinnamon helps increase gastro-intestinal enzymes secretion that improves the ability to move food freely through the digestive tract.
- Other cinnamon medicinal benefits include treating and preventing the following:
Inflammation, Loose tummy fat, Arthritis, HIV, Insect repellent, Yeast infections & enhance sex drive.
Application of Cinnamon
The best ways to maximize cinnamon medicinal benefits include:
- Decoction or tincture of the bark
- Powder can be used as spice or added to drinks
*Don’t give cinnamon to infants
*Excessive usage can lead to dry mouth, cough, throat irritation, & liver damage in extreme cases.
*Do not take more than ½ tea spoon daily
If you like this post Cinnamon medicinal benefits: kindly share with the share button
Before You Leave, Kindly Sign Up / Subscribe To Our Free E-book Below: We Have Compiled The Holistic Health Tips To Keep You & Your Children Healthy For Life. Live Organic…Stay Healthy!!!